Sunday, July 31, 2011

Brand Development Is Always Good

So two weeks ago Kate, our executive assistant and our CEO Ada went on an off-site with our PR girl who came down from New York. The Purpose of the off-site was to brainstorm idea for brand growth and transformation. They talked about ideas for new products, expanding the team, price regulation, showroom redesigning, board of director changes, etc. I was briefed on all of this yesterday(Tuesday) at a follow-up brand development meeting that included my opinions on all the subjects that they touched at their off-site. As an outsider opinion, by outsider I mean someone not directly involved in the beauty industry, my opinion was valued, even more so because I'm a business student and a younger fresher perspective.

When I first found out that I had to give input and suggestions at the meeting, I was a little nervous because I was thinking, what do I, little administrative intern, only one year of Wharton under my belt know about brand growth? Thankfully the day before the meeting I went to a Penn in Washington event a PR company in DC, Glover Park Group. I got to spend some time speaking with a woman from another company, The Harbour Group, who I always able to bounce ideas off of, and ask her questions about advertising and the different ways to increase awareness for a company. I noted everything she said and shared that with my coworkers at the development meeting. Those ideas in combination to the more creative ones I had about ways to maximize showroom space and revamping its appearance were noted by our CEO and are being considered. It makes me so happy, I felt like I had some power in determining the future of the company. It was great, I really hope that even after I'm gone, they implement the wide variety of ideas that were brought up at the off-site and the in-house meeting. There were some really great ideas that I think can set the company up for great successes and another profitable 10 years.

Whoa, one month left at my internship? One month till I'm back in Philly? Where has the summer gone?

In other news, I think I've decided that I'm going to declare concentrations in Marketing and Retail, I was debating retail over communications, but I think retail is more in my wavelength, I'd like to do more work in merchandising and brand management in the future. So, retail it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment